Dear Seniors & Friends,
November 18th: STEDI Meeting & Breakfast. $15.00 each. This meeting will be held at the Senior Center of Rainier. Meeting starts promptly at 8:00 AM. George Sharp, from EDC, leads the meeting of Thurston County Leaders. I recommend coming, if you're available. A lot of important information about the economic development in south Thurston County is discussed. We share future plans in our area, project progress and local activities that are coming up. Resources to help build our community are discussed, as well as opportunities for grants that are available.
November 19th: Pumpkin Puree. 9 AM - 1:30 PM in the FFH Room.
November 21st: BINGO & Medicare Presentation by Elizabeth Thunstedt:
- BINGO starts at 10:00 AM.
- Elizabeth will come and help people look at changes in the 2023 Medicare benefits. Bring a list of for 2023. She will also make arrangements to meet you at another time, if you need her to research something for you.
November 21st: Pumpkin Pie Baking in FFA room at RHS from 3:30 - 8:00 PM.
November 23th: Thanksgiving Dinner Luncheon. We will be cooking and serving a full Thanksgiving dinner for lunch. (Regular lunch prices). Please sign up at the front desk to attend as space is limited. RSVP.
November 24th: Thanksgiving Day Dinner. We will be cooking 2 more turkeys for Thanksgiving Day dinner. (Regular lunch prices). Please sign up at the front desk to attend as space is limited. RSVP.
November 25th: Christmas Bazaar for Kids at the Rainier Chapel. The Saturday Market vendors will have a special event where they sell items for under $10.00 for the kids at the Rainier Chapel. 1 PM - 6 PM.
November 26th: Saturday Market Christmas Bazaar at the Rainier Chapel. The Saturday Market will be held in the Rainier Chapel from 10 AM - 3 PM.
December 1st: Christmas Tree Lighting in Holiday Park. This is an activity that takes a whole town to coordinate.
- We Love Rainier WA members decorated Downtown Rainier & Holiday Park.
- The Prairie Point Quilters Guild cut and sew the patchwork Christmas Stockings for the kids.
- Members of the Senior Center of Rainier donate the candy and treats & fill the stockings for the Kids.
- The UN's "Save the Children" gives away packages with books and treats for kids.
- The South Thurston Fire Department comes and brings treats for kids. Santa rides in the fire truck!
- The "South Sound Reading Foundation" donated 500 books for kids.
- The Girl Scouts are providing cocoa and cookies for kids.
December 9th: RES Booster Club's Christmas Store for Kids. Evening time.
December 10th: Lantern Walk of Hope at the Rainier High School. Afternoon, evening.